Look, we get it: Soundproofing is a BORING topic.
It’s not very interesting to have to research how to soundproof things, and it’s even more boring following long, windy and waffling instructions when all you really want is a lovely soundproof music studio or room.
We’re gonna try and make this the best, and also most FUN site about soundproofing you’ll find. Stick around, you’re in for as much of a ride as we can give you considering you’re researching soundproofing.
How to soundproof different things
There seem to be a LOT of reasons people want to soundproof things, and this site aims to help you with each of them.
In general our best soundproofing materials page can help you choose the best materials for just about any soundproofing project.
But, if you have specific needs, the approach and materials you need to soundproof different things can vary MASSIVELY.
Which is why we’ve created in-depth guides for a few different soundproofing applications:
- How to soundproof a wall (There are many types of wall, and the method is different if you’re NOT already built the wall yet, so this is a good one to read!)
- How to soundproof a window
- How to soundproof a small room
- How to soundproof a door (Doors are actually one of the most common places sound can escape or enter through, so often just soundproofing windows and doors makes a BIG difference, and it’s cheap too!)
- How to soundproof a car or other vehicle
- How to soundproof a ceiling or floor
- How to make your own soundproof panels (DIY tutorial)
- Podcast soundproofing guide (For audio producers and podcasters)
Why was this site made?
SoundproofSilence.com was created because there just wasn’t enough good information about soundproofing online.
When I wanted to learn how to soundproof a small room I just couldn’t find the right information and ended up spending days researching how to do it.
So I thought I’d put all the information I found into a website to help other people out! Also along the way, I’ve researched other methods, techniques and bought other people on board to produce what you see today, the best soundproofing hub of information in the internet! (We hope!).