If you’ve had to share office space with your coworkers, you know how annoying the clacking of keyboards can get.
The same goes if you work from home or game quite often.
The constant sound of fingers on the keyboard typing away at a fast speed can be distracting.
So how do you fix this issue and stop annoying and distracting those around you?
Some people choose to use noise-canceling headphones which is a temporary fix and may not be practical in some instances.
A more effective way to deal with this is to replace your loud keyboard with the best quiet keyboard.
Today, we’ll take a look at some of the quietest keyboards to get you back in everyone’s good graces.
Best quiet keyboard for gaming
If you are an avid gamer, you need a powerful keyboard since it’s an essential tool when gaming.
Sometimes you get a little excited and start tapping away excitedly and create a ruckus.
Here are some of the best quiet keyboards for gaming.
For more gaming keyboards, check out this quiet gaming keyboard review.
- Quiet factor: CHERRY MX Silent RGB key switches
- Dimensions: 17.6 x 6.61 x 1.57 inches
- Weight: 3.22 pounds
The Corsair Strafe keyboard uses Cherry MX mechanical key switches that reduce key sounds up to 30%.
Gamers will be glad to get their hands on this as it is quieter than most mechanical keyboards yet has a nice feel and grip due to its contoured and textured keycaps.
Along with quiet keys, the red key switch mechanism is very responsive so you can use less force when competitively gaming.
This means every stroke will register no matter how soft you hit the keys and the keyboard will keep up with your super speed taps.
Play all night since this quiet keyboard for pc comes with a red LED backlight option so you can see the keys in the dark.
The Corsair Strafe keyboard is fully customizable with its programmable keys and adjustable backlighting.
You can connect your devices like a mouse or wireless headset adapter to the keyboard by way of the USB Pass-through port.
- 100% CHERRY MX Silent RGB Mechanical Switches: Experience the performance and competitive advantage…
- 8MB Onboard Profile Storage: Saves lighting effects and macros for universal access to your profiles…
- Dynamic Multicolor Per Key Backlighting: Adjust each key’s color and illumination level for…
- Quiet factor: Romer-G Mechanical Switches
- Dimensions: 6 x 17.5 x 1.4 inches
- Weight: 2.6 pounds
Equipped with exclusive Romer-G mechanical switches, the Logitech G810 comes with tactical quiet keys that have a 25% faster response rate.
This keyboard comes with a fingerprint- masking texture on its keys for ultimate comfort when running gaming marathons.
You can easily control background media with buttons and a volume roller so your game does not have to stop.
Play, pause, and mute audios and videos instantly with just the touch of a button without interrupting your game.
The Logitech G810 features customizable RGB lighting that can be personalized to suit your needs.
- Pure performance driven design: Full size keyboard delivers peak performance with the most powerful…
- Ultra responsive romer g mechanical key switches: Upto 25 % faster key actuation than standard…
- Customizable RGB lighting: Match your system’s look and personalize individual key lighting from a…
- Quiet factor: Razer Orange Switch
- Dimensions: 6.50 x 17.65 x 1.67 inches
- Weight: 3.73 pounds
The Razer BlackWidow Elite was built for gaming with its orange switch technology that provides tactile feedback with quieter clicks.
This keyboard is fast and keeps up with your pace by registering up to 10 commands at a time.
You can personalize it to your liking through the use of Razer Synapse that allows you to choose from a wide spectrum of colors.
With this Razor keyboard, keep your table clear of clutter since it features USB and Cable pass-through routing options.
One thing that you will definitely like is the ergonomically built-in wrist pad that allows for long hours of play without discomfort.
- The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Gaming Designed: Keyboards, Mice, PC Headsets,…
- Signature Mechanical Switch for Gaming: Razer Green switch technology provides a satisfying clicky…
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer…
- Quiet factor: QX2 linear mechanical gaming switches
- Dimensions: 6.03 x 17.87 x 1.84 inches
- Weight: 3.10 lbs
The SteelSeries Apex M750 uses QX2 linear mechanical gaming switches for fast and quiet gameplay.
In addition to the speed and quiet nature of the keyboard, it also has a sleek look thanks to its aluminum alloy metal frame.
Not only does the aluminum frame give it a sleek look but also lends to the durability of the keyboards.
To further enhance looks, the SteelSeries Apex M750 comes with a Dynamic Prism RGB lighting system.
GameSense lighting can be integrated to show in-game events such as low ammo, health, etc.
This will prove helpful especially in situations where you are caught up in gameplay and not paying attention to the finer details.
- Quiet factor: Quiet Cherry MX Red mechanical key switches
- Dimensions: 17.90 x 6.70 x 1.60 inches
- Weight: 3.02 lbs
The Corsair K68 is the affordable option to the other Corsair keyboard on our list.
This one uses the same Cherry MX Red mechanical key switches to ensure that key sounds are reduced.
However, this model is dust and spill-resistant up to IP32 so in the event of spills, there’s no need to panic.
Outfitted with anti-ghosting technology and full key rollover, every keypress registers no matter how fast you go.
You can unlock sophisticated macro programming as well as dynamic lighting all thanks to the Corsair Utility Engine(CUE).
Moreover, the Corsair K68 comes with a Windows key lock function for interruption-free gaming.
- 100% Cherry MX Red key switches: gold contact Cherry MX mechanical gaming key switches deliver the…
- Dust and spill resistant: Help protect from accidents so your game never stops. Wired connectivity:…
- 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover: No matter how fast your in-game actions are, every key…
Best quiet keyboard for work
A quiet keyboard for work will differ from the ones used for gaming.
They do not need some of the features that are found in gaming keyboards which means they do not come with such a high price tag.
For work, you simply need a keyboard that is quiet, responsive, and ergonomically designed to maximize comfort.
- Connection Type: Wireless
- Dimension: 8.19 x 2.31 x 18.44 inches
- Weight: 7.20 ounces
The Logitech K800 keyboard is a wireless keyboard that provides smooth and quiet typing actions due to the use of its PerfectStroke Key System.
You can stay typing for hours on this keyboard since the keys distribute force evenly and the palm rest reduces the strain from your wrists.
Besides, advanced illumination on the laser-etched keys allows you to work at night without disturbing those around you.
You also can adjust the brightness to your preference.
The K800 quiet wireless keyboard can be re-charged and holds that charge for 10 days depending on how much you use it.
Simply place the receiver into your computer, give it a few minutes and your keyboard should connect without any trouble.
- Connection Type: Wireless
- Dimension: 17.28 x 6.02 x 0.61 inches
- Weight: 1.54 pounds
Enjoy typing on the HP Elite v2 Keyboard with quiet and low profile keys that will not disturb anyone around you.
Although compact and slim, this quiet keyboard for pc is a full-sized keyboard that combines functionality and comfort in one unit.
The response rate of the keys of this keyboard is quick which promotes faster typing speeds.
With wireless freedom, you can connect from up to 30 feet away and the battery life indicator lets you know how much power you have left.
An adjustable leg helps with wrist posture when typing for long periods so say goodbye to wrist pain forever.
- Brand new, and authentic HP products ship from, and are sold by Amazon.com (check above)
- Sleek, clean lines create the ideal, ultra-slim keyboard shape. Full-size keyboard includes…
- Typing is smooth with quiet, low-profile keys and stand-alone design keeps the dirt out and your…
- Connection Type: Wireless and USB
- Dimension: 5 x 11.14 x 20.59 inches
- Weight: 4.75 pounds
The Microsoft Ergonomic 7000 keyboard is possibly the most comfortable keyboard you can ever get your hands on.
This model comes with a mouse and they are both easy to set up and use right away without interference.
Moreover, the keys are quiet and register with just a soft touch.
This silent keyboard and mouse combo allow you to rest your arms, wrists, and hands in a more natural position.
This way you reduce pressure on those sensitive areas and reduce injuries from bad posture.
Enjoy a reliable connection and work from 30 feet away which is enhanced by a magnifier function that allows you to enlarge and edit any small text or paragraphs.
- High Definition Laser Technology gives the Mouse more precision, more responsiveness, and smoother…
- Mouse & Keyboard 2.4 GHz Wireless Technology connects wirelessly right out of the box with virtually…
- Advanced Ergonomic Design promotes a more natural hand, wrist, and forearm position for greater…
- Connection Type: Wireless
- Dimension: 7.87 x 1.38 x 19.09 inches
- Weight: 1.65 pounds
The concave keys on the ultra-thin Logitech K750 keyboard allow for softer keystrokes which lead to quieter noise levels, faster typing speeds, and comfort.
This quiet wireless keyboard stands out from the rest since it harnesses the power of light.
It can be powered by the sun or any other light source, even the lamp on your desk.
With the ability to hold a charge for up to 3 months, no longer do you have to worry about batteries, wires, and charging it up regularly.
You can monitor the power level via the Logitech Solar App to make certain you are always powered up to finish off your projects.
- Hassle-free: Say goodbye to batteries and charging cables thanks to this keyboard’s solar-powered…
- Sleek and Ultra-thin: With sleek lines and a thin profile, this stylish, streamlined solar keyboard…
- Comfortable Typing: Combining your favorite features of traditional keyboards, laptops and a…
- Connection Type: Wireless
- Dimension: 0.9 x 6.2 x 14.9 inches
- Weight: 1.92 pounds
We have yet another Logitech keyboard on our list and that is because they are one of the best brands for computer devices, especially keyboards.
The Logitech K780 is your all-in-one keyboard that is compatible with multiple devices such as your computer, phone, and tablet.
It comes with an integrated rubber cradle to hold a variety of mobile devices so use one keyboard for multiple devices.
Switch between devices with the easy-switch button without connecting and reconnecting to your different devices.
As with most Logitech keyboards, this model comes with the Logitech PerfectStroke key system that delivers silent and smooth typing.
It uses two preinstalled AAA batteries that last for 2 years based on calculations of 2 million keystrokes a year.
Enjoy a reliable connection that is provided by the USB receiver that remains in your computer or wirelessly via Bluetooth Smart technology.
- Multi-device wireless keyboard: Beautiful type-on-everything keyboard with easy switching between…
- Logitech FLOW cross-computer typing: Use as a regular keyboard or combine with a compatible Logitech…
- Comfortable typing: Full size, fully equipped keyboard with large, quiet keys and convenient number…
- Connection Type: Wired
- Dimension: 6 x 17 x 1 inches
- Weight: 1 pound
We include the Macally UltraSlim so that our Mac users can also have an option.
This keyboard works with all Mac products, including MacBook Pro/Air, Apple Mac Pro, iMac, and other devices.
The full size and thin keys with a scissors switch design offers up a quiet, comfortable, and efficient typing experience.
You get 16 shortcut keys and a numeric keyboard that increases efficiency and productivity.
The Macally Ultra-Slim keyboard uses plug and play technology, just plug it into a USB port of your computer and start using it.
This wired technology eliminates the need to download drivers, constantly changing batteries, or charging your keyboard.
- AESTHETIC & FUNCTIONAL: With a 104 key full sized layout, built-in numeric keypad, and scissor…
- A QUALITY TYPING EXPERIENCE: Each keystroke will be rewarded with a smooth tactile response from…
- WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER: This Mac compatible keyboard has 16 convenient shortcut keys for one-touch…
Things to consider when looking for a silent keyboard
There are several features you need to look for when searching for a silent keyboard.
You can find keyboards that are fairly cheap, mid-priced, and some that are quite expensive.
To ensure you are getting the best value for money and getting exactly what you need, here are a few things to remember.
The switch type you choose is going to decide whether your keyboard is going to be silent or not.
Switch type is the main component behind keyboard noise levels.
If you are looking for a silent keyboard you should stay away from keyboards that use the classic buckling-spring switch since this is the loudest of them all.
Wired or Wireless
While wireless keyboards give you the freedom to connect without cables, it is not the go-to choice for gamers.
This is because as the battery drains, the keyboard can lose its responsiveness.
The signal also from the keyboard and the receiver can get disrupted creating issues while gaming.
On the other hand, wired keyboards offer a stable connection since it does not use batteries or a receiver and transmitter.
So use a wired keyboard if you need a quiet keyboard for gaming and use a wireless keyboard if you’ll be typing.
The choice is all up to you and your needs.
Keyboards are available in many different sizes.
If you are looking for a portable keyboard then you’ll need it to be smaller, compact, and lightweight.
Smaller keyboards will not have a numeric keyboard and maybe the best portable option.
But check to make sure that your fingers can comfortably hit the keys without making mistakes.
If you don’t need to take your keyboard with you, get a full-sized keyboard for precision and accuracy when gaming and typing.
Backlighting and Effects
Most keyboards have LED lights right under the keys that make them easy to see in low light conditions.
Instead of printing symbols on the keys, they are etched by laser or other medium and left transparent so that they can be illuminated.
Keyboards for typing usually come with just one standard color of backlighting.
On the other hand, gaming keyboards come multi-colored.
There are a few that come fully decked out with some pretty advanced lighting systems like those that allow you to have different colors under different keys at the same time.
Backlighting is an important feature to look for especially if you work or game is a dimly lit room.
Some models come with a set of extra keys that are fully programmable.
So if you find that you use the same functions over and over but there is no one key to get this done then the quietest keyboard with advanced keys is what you need.
Another important factor is to check to make sure that the silent keyboard you choose is compatible with your operating system.
Do you need the quietest keyboard?
While it is not an absolute necessity, the quietest keyboard can help you to be mindful of others around you.
If you are a student and you share a dorm room then to ensure you do not disturb your roommate, it would be best to purchase a silent keyboard.
Similarly, if you work late at night, share a workspace, or do assignments in the library, you should get the best quiet keyboard.
In addition to all this, you can pair your silent keyboard with a silent gaming mouse. To find the mouse for you, check out our silent gaming mouse post.